Sunday, September 20, 2009

Christmas in September for Will

Will woke up bright and early (about 6:30 AM) on Saturday morning all dressed and ready for his first little league baseball game.

But first things first.

"Dad, We haaavvvveeee to get me a cup today!" he insisted.
"Yeah, ok, buddy, time to sleep now," I said.
"Dad, My coach said we can not play unless we have a cup today," he continued unconvinced by my response.
"OK Will. When the store opens, we will go get you a cup, I promise." I replied.

So after checking a couple of stores we found the perfect cup (just the right size, more the boxer brief model than the old school jock strap -- I mean we are talking Will here, not just any old cup will do).

And then we found it, for all of $14.99. After we purchased it, he immediately went to the store restroom and tore all of his clothes off. He ripped open the box and put it on. It was everything he had imagined and more.

With a couple of knocks with his knuckles on his cup for good measure, he looked up at me and said, "Dad, this is the greatest thing you have ever got me. Thank you soooooo much."

"No problem, Buddy," I said. I gave him a good shot to the groin as well for good measure.

"Did that hurt," I asked

"Nope," Will responded.

"Yep, she looks like a good one Will," I agreed.

sportsunlimited_2068_7009265197.jpg


3 comments:

rachelle said...

i love this post! miss you guys!

Molly said...

Huh. Are sports cups female? i would have thought male genderization. I did not know this.

Ariana said...

Hilarious! The mental image of Austin "testing" the cup and Will being all excited that it didn't hurt....that's just WAY too funny!!! :-)