Monday, November 17, 2008

A Miracle on a Monday

Cooper has a good friend named Brady who lives a few doors down the street from us. They have played on the same sports teams and spend lots of time together. Brady ate dinner with us tonight and he is the most helpful boy I have ever seen. Plus, he is an only child, and usually I would expect kids like that to be spoiled and used to being served, but not Brady. When I asked Cooper to set the table, Brady said, "Oh! Can I help?!" Then he pretty much set the whole table including folding the paper towels into pretty little squares.

Then, after dinner, Brady asked if he could do the dishes! Um, yeah! So he led Cooper into doing all the dishes - handwashing them because the rest of the dishes are being washed in the dishwasher. They spent a good 20 minutes doing this and every time Cooper kind of slacked, Brady would call him to action. It was really sweet to hear their conversations, they talked about what kind of sports teams they want to play on when they grow up - pro football for Brady and pro baseball for Cooper though he can't decide whether he wants to be a 1st baseman or pitcher. Then they decided that after their sports careers they could own a restaurant together and they could be the washers!

My favorite was Brady's excitement over the plate that he got SO clean. By the way Brady's shirt is off in the pictures so it wouldn't get wet, not because I'm a pedophile.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

So funny! What is Brady's parents' secret? You'll have to find out and then tell me.

Heather said...

Hey, is Brady up for hire? I'd like him to teach Tyler a thing or two as well, okay? :)

Stephanie said...

whew, thanks for clarifying that shirt thing. :)

Tiffany W. said...

hahaha! You always make me laugh Shanda! I love you!

mamapickle said...

Sounds like a keeper friend! Don't let him get away!

Sean and Candace said...

Wow! Where did that kid come from? If Brady's parents will like to share their secret I'd love to hear it!