Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I need a fellow knitting fiend

Is there anyone out there who can feel my pain at not finding the perfect yarn, or perfect substitute yarn for a project? Who understands the frustration at not being able to find Lana Grossa Royal Tweed yarn in color #34 anywhere? Let alone find it for less than $10.60 a skank(skein)? And by the way I need 8 of them plus shipping from Italy. And I don't even know if I will like the sweater until I have put in the 2600 hours to knit it. Yet, I do these projects over and over again and knit and rip out(by the way, this is called "frogging") and knit again. And I still love it!

I am just looking for a yarn soul mate who I can talk to about this. My current friends and relatives roll their eyes and start yawning anytime I mention these subjects. I am open to all ages.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

K, this is just so sad. And I did NOT roll my eyes or yawn. :) Maybe Courtney will be interested when she gets back?

rachelle said...

sorry girl,, i'm an idiot when it comes to knitting, but everything you make turns out AMAZING!! if i could i would hire you as my personal seamstress to whip up stylish clothes and accessories for me... you are one of my style icons. love ya!

Pixie Louisa Parker Leigh Raychek said...

I want to be your knitting friend! Except I don't know anything about knitting. :( I could go on for hours about scrapbooking though and maybe we could just bore each other?

Molly said...

suburbancorrespondent on blogger loves to knit. Try her. I have yet to master knitting, I'm still in crochet land. But try searching for a specific yarn in Dodgeville. If they don't have it Walmart, you're out of luck. And I think you know what kind of yarn selection Walmart has...