Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I need a fellow knitting fiend

Is there anyone out there who can feel my pain at not finding the perfect yarn, or perfect substitute yarn for a project? Who understands the frustration at not being able to find Lana Grossa Royal Tweed yarn in color #34 anywhere? Let alone find it for less than $10.60 a skank(skein)? And by the way I need 8 of them plus shipping from Italy. And I don't even know if I will like the sweater until I have put in the 2600 hours to knit it. Yet, I do these projects over and over again and knit and rip out(by the way, this is called "frogging") and knit again. And I still love it!

I am just looking for a yarn soul mate who I can talk to about this. My current friends and relatives roll their eyes and start yawning anytime I mention these subjects. I am open to all ages.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

K, this is just so sad. And I did NOT roll my eyes or yawn. :) Maybe Courtney will be interested when she gets back?

rachelle said...

sorry girl,, i'm an idiot when it comes to knitting, but everything you make turns out AMAZING!! if i could i would hire you as my personal seamstress to whip up stylish clothes and accessories for me... you are one of my style icons. love ya!

Jessica said...

I want to be your knitting friend! Except I don't know anything about knitting. :( I could go on for hours about scrapbooking though and maybe we could just bore each other?

Molly said...

suburbancorrespondent on blogger loves to knit. Try her. I have yet to master knitting, I'm still in crochet land. But try searching for a specific yarn in Dodgeville. If they don't have it Walmart, you're out of luck. And I think you know what kind of yarn selection Walmart has...