Saturday, February 16, 2008

R.I.P. Yellow Football Pants

So the yellow football pants that Will wears everyday (if you know Will, you know what I'm talking about) are now gone. I threatened him the other day that if he hit his sister again I would give the pants to Goodwill. Will looked right at me and hit her again! So I had to follow through. There were tears, wailing, knashing of teeth, hitting of his mom. And finally the tantrum ended in sad whimpers, "Those were my favorite pants. . . I was so excited about those pants." This was really hard for me as a mom, I was crying too, but I hope he learned a lesson that he can't hit his sister and that his mom isn't a doormat.

Sidenote: He now just wears baseball pants rolled up to his knee for his daily football pant fix.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow--the yellow pants are gone. You have my condolences (but thumbs up for following through!)

George & Britt said...

Oh, that breaks my heart! It's always hardest on mom when your child has to be disciplined. Wow, hats off to you--that was a tough one!!

George & Britt said...

that just breaks my heart! How awful for both of you! I definitely think it's harder on the mom when her child has to be disciplined. Way to go, though--that took serious fortitude!

arinandevasmom said...

Tough call. I'll miss those yellow pants, but hopefully Will has learned not to hit his sister! (If only Arin had some yellow pants . . . She clocked Eva today with a stick.)

Tiffany Washburn said...

I say you keep them as a keep sake. He doesn't have to know you still have them...but one day those things might be fun to pull out! :)