Sunday, April 6, 2008

The greatest workout in the world


I have been a member of one gym or another for the last four years and have been an avid exerciser for the last 15 years and I have now found the most fun workout ever! It is Zumba which "fuses hypnotic musical rhythms and tantalizing moves to create a dynamic workout system designed to be FUN and EASY TO DO." It is also supposed to be a party! And it totally is! From the first few seconds of the warmup I felt free and young again. I got chills and just couldn't stop smiling. I love to dance! I miss the clubs and dances from college and high school and don't get a chance to do this much anymore. By the way, I'm not saying that I am good at dancing, just that I love to hear the music and do the moves. That is the great thing about this class - there are teenagers to grandmas in that class and everyone is having so much fun. You don't even worry about how you look because you are just trying so hard to follow along and so is everyone else. Everyone in there is sweating to death and has a huge smile on their faces.

3 comments:

Carly said...

I got your message but I'm really nervous! I can definitely shake my bootie but I'm sure it's not a pretty site!

Molly said...

Lands End is offering this class and I soooo want to do it. I don't think I can swing it at the hour it's offered though. Dang it. Sounds like so much fun.

Tiffany W. said...

I wish my gym offered a fun class like this! Sounds like so much fun. Wish i lived by you then we could go together!